Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fall in line trooper

Well things are really starting to come together for the valhallans. I was able to get most of the stuff I needed for that army this week. Also this past week I was able to play three games.

My list

CCS
Master of ord

PCS
4 Flamers
Chimera

Squad with auto cannon x4

Vets
3 meltaguns
Demolitions
Chimera

Punisher

3 Autocannons
3 Lascannons

This list did very well this past week netting me three wins.

Game 1 was vs orks

The green tide was coming and it was up to Captain Harp to stop them.

His list was roughly Big mek with custom, 3 units of 25 with nob with powerclaw, dread, and 15 lootas.

I honestly dont remember to much from this game except that the punished killed several orks. Also on the last turn the master of ord called down a great strike taking out his remaining unit. I won this game one objective to zero.

Game 2 vs Space Wolves

His list roughly 2 ten mans in rhino, predator, Space Wolf Chap equiv, 15 Jump Packers.

He stole the first turn by getting the six and was able to advance his army up the board. I returned some fire on the first turn doing minimal damage, immobilizing a rhino was the highlight of this turn. The second turn his jump packers jumped over the kill and tore a guard unit apart. My second turn i fired everything possible at the chap and his jump packers bringing them down to around 4 guys. The only thing not to shoot at them were the vets who parked there chimera next to a rhino got out assaulted and surrounded the tank exits and placed some melta bombs. The screams of the burning wolves inside gave Vet Sgt Kemp a deep satisfaction.

Turn three the jump packers took out another unit as the chap tried to go alone. On my turn the punisher took sight on the chaplin along with a chimera and two remaining squads. Inflicting 23 wounds he made all but one. On turn 4 the chaplin charged and found the bayonette of a guardsmen to be his demise and not the tons of lead pumped into his runic armor. On my turn 4 it was clean up time. The lascannons took sight of the predator and finally were able to knock it out. The punisher and remaining squads open up fire on the marines who were holding near the objective by their immobile rhino. The remaining jump packers were eventually grinded down in close combat with the vets. I won this game two objectives to zero.

Third game was vs Guard

He roughly took CCS with master of ord and mortar, PCS x2 with mortars, 4 squads with a lascannon 2 of which had meltagun 2 with plasma gun, a reg LRBT, a punisher, and a basi. Oh boy that is a lot of ordance coming down.

Captain Harp was able to keep his men in line during this game despite the amount of incoming fire. Some highlight of the game were my vets assaulting both russes and taking them out, my master of ord scattering like 15 inches into the basi and taking it out. This game finished with me having two objectives and the other guard having one .

All in all this was a good week for the Valhallans. So far ive put together 24 Valhallans. I know thats a weird number but each squad comes with two guys that are very hard to glue so i was waiting to get some blue tac so they will be easier to put together. I have a ton of shit to put together after my purchases this week included:

2 Chimera
2 Demolisher
1 Cadian Battle Box
1 Heavy weapons squad box
1 Box of men at arms who are being converted into vets

No comments: