Saturday, February 7, 2009

The tides of war

Yesterday was a very good day got to get three games in. Game one I played vs Drew and he was using his DE and I was playing my HE. I would say the first four turns of this game he just pounded on me relentlessly like a monkeys uncle. By turn two all 4 bolt throwers were basically taken out of service. This was very bad. The good news is that the sword masters made it to his backfield and were able to take out one of his bolt throwers. The white lions proved their worth as usual as they ran down a unit on the last turn to capture a standard which was important since it basically pushed the game to a tie since he had one of mine. I think I should have not taken Elf magic vs drew in this game.

Game two was vs hoj playing his dwarves. This game went horrible. For starters I really didnt know how much his warmachines would hurt, so on turn one i kinda just held my ground shooting. I learned rather quickly that it hurts. I should have not taken fire magic I should have went with elf magic so I could have given my units ward saves. Highlight of the game came on the last turn when Cara charged the anvil and challneged out the Rune Lord. He was struck down by a great weapon and horrible rolling on my part in combat, but the mark came down and buried the Rune lord for 5 wounds. To be honest I cant believe I came back to only have a minor victory instilled against me. Oh I also forgot the knights brutally failed in this game. They charged a block unit and did not inflict a single would on the charge. Hoj didnt have to make one armor save. To add insult to injury the knights were run down by the dwarves I mean are you kidding me.

Game three was also vs Hoj but I was trying out a different HE list. I took basically a fast moving army. The list is basically a prince on a griffon, 3 noble's on great eagles, 3 lion chariots, 4 repeaters, 2 10 man archer units, and 6 dragon princes. In this game I got the first turn and flew towards cover with all my flying units while things advanced. Anvil didnt work for hoj turn one so i flew behind all his units on turn two and also was inflicting good damage ona block unit with my repeaters. Turn three I wiped out all of his artillery through combat and one was shot out by repeaters. As the game went on I killed a block unit with knights and a chariot. My leader fought for three turns alone vs hammerers and finally ran off the board, I was very happy with the damage he did killing a grudge thrower, a unit of miners, and about 9 hammerers or so. Towards the end of the game I held an extra table quarter and secured a solid victory.

1 comment:

Hoj said...

Your fast list is the paper to my rock... But I'm glad it was a good game with your normal list vs. my regular list.